Wednesday 9 September 2015

SPY REVIEW

*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
If you're looking for a great comedy film with the best comic actors, this is it. 
This stars Melissa McCarthy as Susan Cooper, who is a desk-bound CIA analyst and spends most of her time helping out agent Bradley Fine (Jude Law) by giving him directions through an earpiece. Unfortunately, one of their missions goes terribly wrong and Susan is forced to go out into the field for the first time. 
First off, Paul Feig is one of my favourite comedic directors. He directed one of my favourite comedy films, The Heat, which also stars McCarthy in one of her best roles. Before watching this, I was worried if he would be able to top this and Bridesmaids, another great comedy film. After watching this, I realised I shouldn't have worried because he managed to create a hilarious film. McCarthy is hilarious as Susan, I couldn't picture her being played by anyone else. I also enjoyed watching Miranda Hart in her first feature film role as Nancy, Susan's best friend. Nancy panics a lot which makes her great to watch. Jason Statham was surprisingly funny as Rick Ford. I honestly never imagined he would want to do a role like this as he is best known for his action movies like The Transporter and The Expendables. However, in this film, he is really funny and has great comic timing. Yes, his character is annoying but that's what makes him so funny. 
With the best comedy actors playing some of the most hilarious characters, brilliant directing from Paul Feig, this is definitely one of the best comedy films I've ever seen.
7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment